Creating a same copy of existing virtual machine is called Clone.
Here we are going to learn , how to clone the virtual machine in vSphere 6.7.
Points to Cover: –
- Clone Virtual Machine
Steps to Create Clone of Virtual Machine: –
- You need to login to your virtual center using web client and scroll to the virtual which you want clone. Right click on your virtual machine, go to clone and select clone to virtual machine option.
- Now you need to enter the unique name of your clone machine and select target location where you want to deploy your virtual machine.
- Select compute resource for your virtual machine, which is basically your physical host for your cloned virtual machine.
- Now select datastore for your virtual machine. Also define virtual disk format for the disks. You may also select appropriate storage polices for your virtual machine.
- You may select one of the following option given in below screen shot as per your requirement.
- Once done with above steps, you have option to review before hitting the finish button.
- Wait till it gets complete or you may monitor the progress for the same.
Thanks for visiting here. Share this article if you found it useful. Be sociable.